Robbie Herreveld is a household name in canoeing circles from 10 years of winning most major canoeing events in the country as well as many major achievements on the international circuit.
In 1995 the fledgling company "Robbie Sport" was started. A few years later the name was changed to Robbie Herreveld's Canoe and Kayak World.
By hand picking the best quality products to offer our clients, along with first hand knowledge and a service second to none, we can ensure your enjoyment of this fast growing recreational activity. Having grown in leaps and bounds over the past few years we can now proudly state that we are the biggest (and best) Canoe and Kayak shop in Southern Africa.
Now in retirement from competitive paddling, Robbie heads up the development and marketing of the products and services that his shop has to offer. He is very active in the touring, whitewater and recreational trips and activities that Canoe & Kayak World offers his clients, and when time permits still manages to fit in the occasional race as a social paddler.
Some of Robbie's achievements between 1986 and 2000
- Won Berg River Marathon 6 times (1991-96)
- Berg River - youngest ever overall winner (age 19)
- Springbok colours (1989,91,92)
- National colours (1992 - 96)
- Won Umkomaas Marathon 9 times (1991- 93 , 95 - 2000)
- Won Fish River Marathon (1990, 91, 94)
- Numerous SAK1 and SAK2 titles
- Junior SA Wildwater Champ (1986, 87, 88, 89, 90)
- Berg Marathon (1st Junior - 87,88, 89)
- Fish Marathon (1st Juniors , 2nd overall) (1988 , 89) .
- SA Junior Sprints (1987, 88, 89)
- Australia - World Champs 1992 , 4th (K2 with Neil Evans)
- Denmark - Gudena Marathon , 1st (K2 with Graham Monteith)
- Holland - World Champs 1994, Bronze Medal
- 1st SA Paddler to have won a World Championship Medal
- Portugal - Grand Prix Winner 1992
- Costa Rica - Camel Rafting
- Switzerland - World Junior Wild Water Champs (1990, 10th)